Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Not through rose colored glasses

but rather between the fingers over my eyes, will I be watching both the bull riding news and election coverage.

Life has suddenly gotten just too darned suspense filled for me. I feel like I'm living in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. A neighbor of mine has two glasses of wine at night after work so that she can get to sleep. She told me "I drink too much." I answered, "I don't drink nearly enough." This fact may well change over the next 13 days.

My favorite candidate for the PBR World Championship will have to overcome bovine dirty tricks and not get injured or killed in his quest. My favorite political candidate must do exactly the same.

I read an article that said reporters from around the globe will be descending on the U.S. to watch for and cover potential election fraud and/or vote suppression in key states. I hope that helps this time around. I wish judges from Mexico, Brazil, Canada and Australia, would be here to cover the points fairy issues likely to crop up at the PBR World Finals.

There are a lot of prejudices to overcome in both the race for the Presidency and the race for the PBR World Championship. We had two southern rednecks recently arrested for plotting to murder black school children and then go out in a blaze of "glory" by assassinating Barack Obama. We have slope browed individuals wanting to send the Brazilian bull riders "back to Mexico". We have a nukular rocket scientist McCain campaign worker who doesn't even understand "mirror images" so she looks in a mirror, cuts a "B" into her own cheek, and swears to police that a big mean ol' black man (she probably used a different term to her friends) assaulted her because of her McCain bumper sticker. I'm sure the backwards "B" on her face was the police departments first clue she might not be playing with a full deck of cards.

But still I hear that there's no need for "affirmative action" anymore because prejudice is no longer a problem. Sha right, where are those people living that prejudice is no longer a problem? I'd like to live there.

So. Will our ballots be counted correctly this time? Will Marchi be scored fairly this time? Will the human bovines win the election by hook and crook? Will the points faerie visit Kody Lohstroh enough that he somehow snatches the World Championship away from Marchi? Will there be more assassination attempts amongst the throngs of rage filled voters Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity have convinced that Obama is a terrorist? Will Marchi be injured? Where are my giant 3 fingered Mickey Mouse hands to cover my eyes for the next two weeks?

2 comments:

Stockyard Queen said...

Well done, Jean! I know the feeling. I'm waking up in the middle of the night too tense to go back to sleep. Did they really have to schedule the finals to fall right in the middle of the election? It's just too much.

Jean said...

I suppose if there is a small bright spot to having the championships and the elections in the same week, it might be that possibly some of the cowboys won't vote ;-)