Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meet Minerva

Due to an apparent catastrophic illness on the part of my little electric quad, aka the "Shrieking Eel", I decided I needed to move up a couple of rungs on the ladder of farm-mobiles. Meet my new, gently used 2006 Honda Recon 250. I have dubbed her Minerva, as she wears a green cloak and is somewhat shorter than Albus the white F-150.

Minerva has already proven to be a MUCH more comfortable ride than the Shrieking Eel, she doesn't have difficulty maneuvering the sand, gravel and eroded terrain in the dry wash, and she doesn't make any more noise than the supposedly "quiet" electric quad. Minerva's gentle contralto rumble is much more pleasing than the Eels uber-soprano shriek.

As you can see in the photos, my crutches are already bungeed to the handy dandy crutch carrying rack. I had to sit on my crutches when riding the Eel. Not very comfy.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very exciting. Let me know when you want to go 'sploring for gold. I still have my Tesoro. Maybe I should name her too. Tess would be a good name. Me n' Tess will come over and help you find all the gold in your gulch.

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool Mom. when can can we drive it to speedworld for the sand drag races?

Jean said...

Margie, I'll have to brush the dust off my old treasure hunter and see if it still works.

Son, since I've only just gotten up to 2nd gear, I'm thinking it may be a while before I'll be racing anything much. Lizards can outrun me at this point.

Laughing Maenad said...

Cool wheels girl!! I have got to have one of those. It would be so cool at the mall. Hey! Want me to send you some chrome flames or some haul ass mud flaps...ooo! I know! RHINESTONES!!!

Thanks for the quote :-D I've posted proof!